It’s never too early to begin lining up your New Year’s Resolutions. The National Transportation Safety Board, the federal agency charged with investigating major transportation-related accidents, recently unfurled a list that identifies the major issues it plans to take on in 2013.
Not surprisingly, the NTSB plans to slay some big dragons in the coming year, including the ever-increasing problem of distracted driving. While some of the goals are aimed at improving aviation safety, the NTSB’s long-time mission, others have the potential to impact the trucking industry and affect how trucking companies and truck drivers operate on a daily basis.
The NTSB’s top list includes:
- Improving the safety of airport surface operations.
- Preserving the integrity of transportation infrastructure.
- Enhancing pipeline safety.
- Implementing positive train control systems.
- Eliminating substance-impaired driving.
- Improving the safety of bus operations.
- Eliminating distracted driving in the transportation industry.
- Improving fire safety in the transportation industry.
- Improving general aviation safety.
- Mandating motor vehicle collision avoidance technologies.
Do you have questions about your rights following an accident with a commercial vehicle? Ask a truck accident attorney with experience helping clients nationwide. Contact Michael Leizerman at 419-243-1010.