NTSB Releases Top 10 Safety Concerns for 2013
It’s never too early to begin lining up your New Year’s Resolutions. The National Transportation Safety Board, the federal agency charged with investigating major transportation-related accidents, recently unfurled a list that identifies the major issues it plans to take on in 2013.
Not surprisingly, the NTSB plans to slay some big dragons in the coming year, including the ever-increasing problem of distracted driving. While some of the goals are aimed at improving aviation safety, the NTSB’s long-time mission, others have the potential to impact the trucking industry and affect how trucking companies and truck drivers operate on a daily basis.
The NTSB’s top list includes:
- Improving the safety of airport surface operations.
- Preserving the integrity of transportation infrastructure.
- Enhancing pipeline safety.
- Implementing positive train control systems.
- Eliminating substance-impaired driving.
- Improving the safety of bus operations.
- Eliminating distracted driving in the transportation industry.
- Improving fire safety in the transportation industry.
- Improving general aviation safety.
- Mandating motor vehicle collision avoidance technologies.
Do you have questions about your rights following an accident with a commercial vehicle? Ask a truck accident attorney with experience helping clients nationwide. Contact Michael Leizerman at 419-243-1010.