Joe Ervin, Attorney
One Page Bio
Phone: (405) 605-0442
Fax: (888) 838-8828
Joe Ervin is the partner of The Law Firm for Truck Safety’s Oklahoma City, OK office.
Joe Ervin is an Oklahoma trial lawyer, who limits his practice to cases involving commercial motor vehicle crashes, and wrongful death. Joe holds a valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license, with endorsements for double/triple trailers, and tankers.
He is a 2013 graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming, and is rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell.
Joe has taught both lawyers and law enforcement officers about heavy truck regulation and safety, and has served on the faculty for the American Association for Justice Advanced Trial Advocacy College: Litigating Truck Collision Cases and the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys Annual Symposiums.
He is an active member of the AAJ Trucking Litigation and Bus Litigation Groups and is a former member of APITLA.
Joe Serves on the Board of Regents for the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys. He is regularly retained by lawyers to consult and co-counsel on complex commercial truck cases, and has tried numerous cases against motor carriers, brokers, and truck leasing companies.
University of Oklahoma, B.A. 1992
University of Oklahoma, J.D. 1995
Board Certified in Truck Accident Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- The Supreme Court and All Inferior Courts of The State of Oklahoma
- U. S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Oklahoma Bar Association (OBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Oklahoma Association for Justice (OAJ)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group
- American Association for Justice Bus Litigation Group
- Pittsburg County Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Former Member Assoc. of Plaintiff’s Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLA)
Leadership / Specialized Training
- Executive Board Member of National Trial Lawyers’ Trucking Trial Lawyers Association
- Regent Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA)
- Graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Dubois, Wyoming
- Holds a valid Oklahoma Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License with Endorsements for Double and Triple Trailers and Tankers
- Graduate of Roadmaster Truck Driver’s School
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell® in Personal Injury, Litigation, and Transportation
Teaching / Faculty
- American Association For Justice (AAJ) Advanced Trial Advocacy College: Litigating Truck Collision Cases 2015
- Ohio Association For Justice (OAJ) Trucking Seminar 2016: Trailers: From Kingpin to ICC Bar
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA) 2016 Annual Symposium: Route Planning and Parking Issues
- American Association For Justice(AAJ) 2017 Annual Convention: Leasing Companies
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA) 2017 Annual Symposium: Driver Qualification
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA) 2018 Annual Symposium: What is a CMV
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA) 2019 Annual Symposium: The Graves Amendment
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA) 2020 Annual Symposium: Rear-End Collision
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA) Webinar June 2019: Re-Thinking Discovery in Trucking Cases
- Born: Bartlesville, Oklahoma 1969
- Wife: Toni
- Children: Molly, Abby, Jack, and Emma